Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Child's Universe

Art by Josephine Wall

Her arms stretched over my neck
and her little face displayed
eyes of brightness;
Her smile contagious.
The sweetest song came forth from her
as she told me that she loved me more than
anything in the whole wide universe.

"I just want to love you" she says.
The impact of these words
places me in another realm of existence.
It's like nothing else I have ever experienced;
This love from my child.

Motherhood has been like a clogged artery at times.
Gasping for air to be the perfect illusion of the Madonna.
Now I breathe and float;
Because of her
I already am...

Love is her
Love is me
Love is all that we'll ever need

Love is a universe and it's the universe I want to live in...
As I bundle up my joy;
I take us one step further into the moment of now.
To see each movement, to hear each breathe,
to be awakened amongst her innocence
has made me be.

To be is all that I want to be.

For my blossoming flower
on this Mother's Day xo

Melissa Rubin
©(all rights reserved)